One of Malaysia’s top baby products right now is baby oil. With that in mind, baby oil has been used as a massage routine, healthcare, and hair care for babies for a while now. Additionally, massaging babies with olive oils and sunflower helps keep babies’ skin hydrated.
Obtained by processing whole olives, olive oil is a fruit of a tree crop in the Mediterranean Basin called Olea Europea.
The olive oil produced mechanically with no chemical treatment is known as virgin oil.
Olive oil that is pure with no additive such as chemicals and temperature treatments is known as extra virgin oil. It must be extracted from olive trees that are free of diseases, harvested at a specific time, and processed immediately.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the benefits of olive oil for babies.
To calm the baby, parents opt to massage them while improving their health, growth, and sleep. Furthermore, parents are also spending quality time with their babies.
- Smoothen babies’ skin
- Leave babies’ skin shiny and healthy
- Oil possessed regenerative components which help in maintaining skin tones.
- Rich in healthy fats, phenolic anti-oxidant Vitamin E, squalene, and oleic acids which could help in strengthening the bone and muscle.
- Avoid olive oil if the baby’s skin is dry.
Once your baby has reached 6 months, it is encouraged to include olive oil in their diet due to its components in promoting heart and pancreas health.
Keep in mind to only give a little amount – no more than ¼ teaspoon for two ounces of baby food. If given in a high amount, it could lead to diarrhea.
Olive oil is one way to ease the baby’s stomach when it is going through constipation. Rub the warm olive oil onto their stomach in a clockwise motion. Additionally, rubbing olive oil onto the baby’s stomach helps prevent gas and helps the little one sleep better.
The cradle cap is dry, and flaky skin layer is formed on the baby’s head. Olive oil can be the moisturizer for this problem.
- Apply the oil to the baby’s scalp.
- Massage by using a washcloth or soft brush for 10 minutes.
- Allow the oil to soak overnight if the crush is thick.
- Wash the baby’s scalp using mild shampoo and warm water.
- Use a comb to remove the crust from the baby’s head.
Olive oil emulsion works wonders for babies to prevent diaper rash. The trick is to mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with one tablespoon of water. Next, rub the emulsion in your palm and spread it gently over the baby’s diaper area. If the problem persists, contact a doctor.
When your baby is sick, breast milk is the nutrients they need. Apart from that, olive oil can help as well.
- Mix 3 – 4 teaspoons of olive oil along with 2 – 3 droplets of rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint oil.
- Massage the mixture onto the baby’s chest and back.
- Apply this before the baby’s bedtime to improve their sleep.